Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Losing your past...

My academic and professional success to date has certainly not come for free. There's quite a number of sacrifices that i've had to make along the way. But what interesting that i've noticed, now as i get older, is not the sacrifices of working hard and staying up late, but for me in particular, it's the sacrifice that's come with being away from my closest family and friends. A few minutes ago, I was looking through the facebook page of some of my closest friends from my neighborhood. Many of them still hang out and now have young children of their own, that also hang out. I realized -- as i looked through the photos -- that I'm missing out on their lives. The people who are the most important to me, even after all the friendships i've made, none have been more meaningful than the ones i cultivated while growing up. Hopefully in the near future I can re-insert myself into their lives. It'll be a difficult transition, i'm sure, but one that's probably worth while.

No comments:

Post a Comment